windows start menu help?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by homerjward, Sep 12, 2004.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

im sorry to be posting windows issues at a mac forum but i get better windows help here lol. is there any setting/third party utility to get the start menu and succeding menus to stay onscreen until you intentionally close the start menu? this would really help w/ dragging and dropping, careless mousing at 7am after an allnight halo fragfest etc...

2. MrJohnson macrumors member

3. homerjward thread starter macrumors 68030

homerjward

well yes, but for some reason that never seems to work and i like the convience of menus. the finder menu works like what im describing, no?

4. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

i am guessing you want to mess with draging and droping into the "all program" part of the start menu.

C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Start Menu

Basicly just put the correct user name in and you have it.

Other way to get there is go my computer>C drive> Documents and setting > *username* > star menu

That about the best you can do. The other thing that may be able to help is a MS powertoy call tweakUI. A little more diffcult to use but it does let you do a lot of stuff in consmiztion to your interface. I would recomend any one who uses XP get that and you can download from Microsoft themselves (hell they made it).

another trick you can do drag that item you want to put in there down to the start menu. keep holding down the mouse button and it will open the menus up and you can just drop it where you want to go. Also you can uses the windows key and arrows to open it up after you gotten the item you want ot drag and drop in there.

5. homerjward thread starter macrumors 68030

homerjward

thanks, ill try dl'ing tweakUI. when i had windows skinned to look like os x(bad idea lol) i had object bar so it looked like that bar at the top in os x and the start menu worked like that and it was really nice...