Windows to Mac. Mac = to Properties. How?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2Sunny, Jan 11, 2007.

1. 2Sunny macrumors member

So when I use forums I frequently used to right click on a picture in IE and then click properties and then copy the name to the forum where I wanted to post the picture.

How do I view the "properties" or full http:// name of a photo and then copy it in Safari?

Thanks to all for any help,

Joe

2. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

hold down the control button and click. that's the mac equivalent of right clicking on PCs.

3. 2Sunny thread starter macrumors member

Fast answers.

Holy fast answers batman :eek:

This forum ROCKS!!!

Thanks again - your devoted disciple of all thinks Apple,

Joe

4. sjburket macrumors newbie

This only gives the photo info regarding when it was created on the computer and when it was last modified. Is there anyway to get the ORIGINAL photo properties which would tell when the photo was actually taken. You can find it in IPhoto but once I put it in a folder to be able to burn it I am not able to access this information. HELP-- this is pertinent!!!!

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You can see only the information that is available. Nothing can give you information that has not been preserved. Digital cameras store quite a bit on information in EXIF format with the image file. Which information is saved depends on the camera. It is most unlikely that the photographs you see posted on the web have not been edited in some way. The amount of information preserved by the editor depends on the editor used.

Preview's Tools/Get Info ([cmd]+[ i ]) menu selection will display EXIF data. GraphicConverter's Information panel displays more. You may access it by pressing the I at the bottom of the image window. Adobe Photoshop Elements displays similar information.

6. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

If you also want, you can just go to System Preferences and enable "Two fingers for Secondary Click" with this, instead of tapping with one finger to click, tap with two on the trackpad (not the button if you've got a mac with it) to enable the secondary click.

7. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

Yep. Also enable two-finger scrolling (this is assuming you're on an MB or MBP, obviously). These two features alone make using a Windows notebook painful for me.