Windows users, post why you're also using a Mac

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by nplima, Oct 4, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

I'd like to call this "4-steps to try it later on a Mac"

2. macrumors regular

I dont have time to take those screenshots, but my mac just makes things go a lot more smoothly-
    i.e. for connecting to wireless, my mac does that completely automatically without me even clicking a dialogue box. sometimes on my pc laptop the wireless network doesnt get connected to even though its default etc etc.

spyware. oh my gosh spyware. Everytime I browse the net and I dont run adaware for a while my computer runs extremely slow. because of stupid spyware.

defragmentation- my windows harddrive doesn't defrag itself like a mac harddrive so things run slow after a few weeks.

and a lot more to come..

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

hey, this is "picture gallery", if you don't have any screenshots it's no fun.

4. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I use both Windows XP and Mac OS X, and Windows XP is tarded.

Like the disappearing/reappearing word start in the start button on my workstation.

And this image was NOT photoshopped.

The Start word just reappeared about 10 minutes ago.

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 603

Markleshark

Need I say anymore? My work Windows PeeCee...

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      145.7 KB
      Views:
  6. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

That Media Player screenshot looks like the one that shipped with Windows 98. I just looked at my Safari Security settings and there isn't a Medium setting for security or anything.

Not having those settings with Safari confuse people coming from Windows?

7. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

It makes me laugh when people say Windows is more user friendly than OSX. :D

8. macrumors 603

Markleshark

Exactly... Why does all the empty drives in my internel card reader need to show up when their empty, and how am I supposed to know which one has something in if its not named? *sigh*

9. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

And whats with Shared documents showing up twice and what the hell is a network place?

10. macrumors 603

Markleshark

Network places is possibly the most unfinished, annoying and horribly broken feature in Windows generally. I spent a whole day simply setting up file sharing between two PCs, all I need to do is access the hard drive of the other from this one, and the other way around, easy you'd think... ohhhhhh no! :mad:

11. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Yeah, thats Media Player 6.4.

Which is included with Windows XP.

You can pull it up by typing mplayer2 into the run box.

Its actually a core component of Windows XP and is needed for Media Player 8/9. Dunno about 10 though. 8 and 9 are just basically frontends for 6.4.

12. macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I can run multiple professional applications without the thing crashing, which makes me more productive. I find the Mac more intuitive and has less hurdles getting in the way of simple tasks.

Fewer concerns over security and malware is a big bonus.

Then there's aesthetics. In my little world there are very few places that boast a nicer view than being sat infront of the Mac Pro.

13. mpw

I use Mac at home 'cause I prefer it's ease of use and the hardware/software package couldn't be matched by WinTel at the time.

That said I use XP at work and I have very little problem with it and would be happy to use it at home, but I can't afford my company's IT deptartment to keep it running smoothly.

14. macrumors G4

I multitask when I'm computing. Any more than three or four programs at once and Windows starts pausing, doing really slow screen redraws and just grinding to a halt. I find that too frustrating and end up swearing at the computer rather than working.

15. macrumors 68020

sunfast