Windows Vista ad.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ill Mitch, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Ill Mitch macrumors member

Ill Mitch

Jan 15, 2007
    Toronto, Canada

Has anyone seen this?

I'm so confused :confused:

is this an ad for business suites or something?

The fake jazz and people standing there with their arms crossed was a nice touch. :rolleyes:

How many people are going to pay $400 dollars for a ripoff of OS X.
  2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2006
    I would pay $400 for it if:

1) That song played constantly;
    2) All the icons for my files spun around in time to the music;
    3) It came with a casual smart wardrobe in a mix of bright secondary colours and accessories;
    4) It came with three token black people - one of whom must be a shaven-headed man and another must be a frizzy-haired woman;
    5) It created synergy;
    6) It maximised customer satisfaction.

Now I am all funked up and it is only 8.40am!
  3. bozigle macrumors regular

Well at least they understood that they shouldn't show their product... so they got it right.

400 ??? that can't be ... let me check on amazon...

back from amazon... 400!!! and there is some office ultimate director's cut unrated uncensored whatever for 950.

I wonder, everyone around me tell me that mac is more expensive... are we living in the same world?
  4. amiga macrumors 6502

Jul 12, 2006
    Anybody else think this was influenced by iPod adverts?
  5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    I like the black guy how he shoves the other guy out of the way. :D
  6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

Oct 12, 2006
    Pasadena, CA
    If they were, you could have fooled me. They clearly were on some different kind of drug than the people who made the iPod ads...
  7. amiga macrumors 6502

Jul 12, 2006
    I'm not saying they look like or as good as the iPod adverts, but they way people spin and dance in and out of the frame, make them black on a bright background and speed things up and it starts to look like one...? No? They're trying to funk up Vista in the way the iPod ads are funky. I think anyway :eek:
  8. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh my, that's crappy. What awful music. They try so hard to be "cool" and it shows.

The wow really does start now (and not in a good way).
  9. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Oct 27, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Well even tho I don't like M$ that commercial is clearly aimed at their target market which is not end users but leaders that will apply Vista to business and organizations.
  10. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    Ow my poor bleeding ears. And can someone please explain to them that using light green text on a white background just makes the text harder to read.
  11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I can't be sure because we don't get such a clear view, but doesn't the man in the pink shirt look suspiciously like Steve Ballmer doing his monkey dance?
  12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    In the first place, there is nothing about that ad that would inspire me, as a business owner or enterprise IT guy, to want to buy the product.

In the second place, the visuals are lame and the music is just awful. Those bubbles? Reminds me of the opening credits of the Lawrence Welk show...and trust me, kiddies, that is the ultimate in uncool.