windows word to appleworks conversion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cruelspark, Aug 18, 2005.

1. cruelspark macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2005
    i recently received my ibook and have been working on transferring the .doc files i created on my pc to my ibook. when opening these files, i notice a "conversion" must take place that sometimes readjusts indentations and other settings that i need to correct. also, it switches the font from times new roman, even after i changed the defaut font to it. some questions:

1.) i'm liking this word processor, but will it cause me more headaches when i work on these windows word created documents? should i save the files as their original extension or as an appleworks file? i'm not making complex documents - just papers for school.

2.) is there a way i can have these files open in times new roman?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    You are never going to get a perfect conversion from one developer's format to another. If you are using M$ Word on your Wintel, you should be using M$ Word on your Mac. However, you may still have some minor formatting issues. In my office, my colleagues experience problems moving Word files from one Windows machine to another with a different version of the M$ app. Transferring from Windows to Mac actually has fewer issues.