Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
Hey was trying to figure out 10 things that make Windows Xp better than Mac OSX. My girlfriend and I could come up with 4. What about you guys. Think Different..................... This should be fun.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
eckspee is a great incentive to get a job to pay for the on-going maintenance costs, it creates jobs for people (to set the system up), it gives something for Apple to be better than...

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Hey was trying to figure out 10 things that make Windows Xp better than Mac OSX. My girlfriend and I could come up with 4. What about you guys. Think Different..................... This should be fun.
You should post those 4, I have 2, Gaming and TV options. Sure Windows is clunkey and all but try finding a $20 PVR TV tuner for your Mac or running Halflife2 on it without XP.

nsbio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
NC
(i) Some software titles are available only for windows, including those that interface with certain scientific equipment.
(ii) Some devices are compatible only with windows.
(iii) Games.
(iv) Cut function in windows explorer and absence of such in Mac os finder.
(v) Ability to empty the trash on an external drive (USB stick, for example) without emptying the trash globally.
(vi) Some websites can be accessed only with IE on windows.
(vii) Ability to enjoy viruses and spyware popups and absence of such an ability (so far anyway) in Mac os.
(ix) Ability to exercise one's brain by trying to learn how to tweak the windows registry. This also helps to learn curse words, especially in foreign languages.
(x) Bundled Solitaire and Minesweeper.

Can't think of much else.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
(i) Some software titles are available only for windows, including those that interface with certain scientific equipment.
(iii) Games.
(v) Ability to empty the trash on an external drive (USB stick, for example) without emptying the trash globally.
(vii) Ability to enjoy viruses and spyware popups and absence of such an ability (so far anyway) in Mac os.
(ix) Ability to exercise one's brain by trying to learn how to tweak the windows registry. This also helps to learn curse words, especially in foreign languages.

Thats pretty good. You got an entire 10. I didn't think it possible.

NaMo4184

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
In internet explorer you can highlight a set of text and print only that selection. I miss that feature so much. In mac you have to highlight the text then copy it to a text editing app and print the selection there. I've made due with out the feature.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
In internet explorer you can highlight a set of text and print only that selection. I miss that feature so much. In mac you have to highlight the text then copy it to a text editing app and print the selection there. I've made due with out the feature.

Download and install Print Selection Service

While using Safari, highlight what you want to print and then go to:
Safari Menu > Services > Print Selection

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Thats pretty good. You got an entire 10. I didn't think it possible.
Did you actually read the list, some of those had tongue firmly planted in cheek. That is unless you do actually enjoy spyware or editing the registry by hand.

B

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
eckspee is a great incentive to get a job to pay for the on-going maintenance costs, it creates jobs for people (to set the system up), it gives something for Apple to be better than...
LOL @ eckspee! Gosh I always learn new terms here in this forum. :cool:

LOL! So true. I have like 4 programs just to keep my computer clean of bugs. I just hate those constant monthly security patches and I remember I spent 3 hours bleeping n bleeping while digging into the registry. :mad:

On the other hand, I miss a game that's the strictly Windoze based but it's not worth paying $$$ just to put that on my MacBook. Maybe Vista might change my mind. :( :rolleyes:

Jollins

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2006
Honestly, I think OSX should come with something like paint. It needs a quick-and-easy basic image editor that isn't iPhoto.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
(iii) Games.

you missed (viii) :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.