Windows XP not running right on new MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mobkon, Nov 29, 2006.

1. mobkon macrumors newbie

Just got a new MacBook Pro. I installed the Mac OS as well as Windows XP.

I had to install a bunch of drivers manually for XP, but one of the main important drivers I cannot get to install is the wireless card. I see its an AirPort Card but obviously there are no drivers for airport cards, or at least I dont think there is. My question is how do I get my wireless card to read in Windows XP? Also I cant get my video card drivers installed correctly either. Thanks!!

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Did you install Boot Camp? It's from Apple, and has EVERY driver you need for EVERY component :rolleyes:

Everything's automated, minimal to no clicks needed. No need to source drivers etc.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if bigandy's suggestion won't work(which i have no idea), u can always buy a usb wireless card

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

well it would be pointless - there's already a card in there which fully supports windows with the bootcamp drivers. problem solved.

and please learn to spell full words!

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

lol, not a very good suggestion, as bigandy is correct. It has a perfectly good wireless card, and Apple gives you the driver.

6. mobkon thread starter macrumors newbie

I ran bootcamp, installed it. I then booted into Windows XP and its still missing the following drivers:

*Built-in iSight
    *Network Controller
    *PCI Device
    *PCI Device
    *Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

All show up with a yellow "!" next to it. I try to install the drivers seperatly by using the drivers from http://wiki.onmac.net/index.php/Users/XOM/Drivers but nothing is working. I just get the "Cannot Install this Hardware" msg. Any ideas?

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

So you didn't bother reading the part in the bootcamp manual about making a Macintosh Driver CD? :rolleyes:

8. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Welcome to Windows. What was it the Apple AD said "Plug and Play? more like Plug and get mad!"

9. mobkon thread starter macrumors newbie

I read it, but nowhere in the installation of Bootcamp 1.1.2 does it give me the option to "Burn a Macintosh Drivers CD". I tried about 5 times, and not once did it say that anywhere. Any ideas?

10. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

DOH! honestly. make one from the BC assistant.

Also make sure windows is updated. I installed xp sp2 using my friend's dell recovery disk, and before updates the driver installation never went well. I got BoSD first install, installation hung second time, after updates it went smoothly.

11. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

After you did the installation, did you run the "Boot Camp Assistant" app? It's in your Applications->Utilities. The first dialog displayed gives you the option to burn the driver CD.

12. mobkon thread starter macrumors newbie

13. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

14. Bunsen Burner macrumors regular

15. countach macrumors regular

You're doing something very very very wrong.

16. 04440 macrumors member

Ha.. This forum is pretty funny.. You'll have to go into your Applications folder.. Inside the folder there is a "Book Camp Utilities" or something with that name. Double click that sucker and it'll give you an option of burning drivers.

17. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Go to Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp Assistant.

It'll give you 3 options:
    1) Burn a Macintosh Drivers CD
    2) Start the Windows Installer
    3) Restore the startup disk to a single volume. (assuming that you've already created the Windows partition...which the OP did).

its not hard to find at all. You're making more trouble for yourself.