Windows XP "Official Mac OS 10.4 Tiger Desktop Makeover"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Coca-Cola, May 1, 2004.

1. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

In my opinion, apple should give XP users an official desktop Makeover. It should be free. It would be a great step for users who are thinking about switching. It should also include a big fat desktop icon link to the apple store. I think the entire OS would be more easily accepted if it could get people seeing and using something that looked like it. A lure. A bright and shiny Lure. It should also include a link to Firefox. What do you think? :confused:

2. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

why on earth would the original thing be advertised with a fake? moreover, why on earth would the users of a copy be impressed with just another copy?

the macintosh is the real thing which needs to be experienced properly. no fakes, please.

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

JFreak has a point here

It's kinda like people asking why doesn't Apple port this and that to the PC. The Mac is an experience, these things are suppose to draw PC users to the Macintosh, if we were to give everything to the PC World do you think that they will go out and buy when they have something like it already on their PCs?

And just putting on the UI for people to see, people will want to see everything, you can't just see the UI and think "wow!"

.........Well you can but are people gonna switch just coz its pretty?

Thats were the iApps and Pro Apps etc come in

I love the Mac because of everything, not just the Finder and so customers need to see the full picture, only on a Mac will you see that :cool:

I do agree however that the OS needs to be seen by the public, just not on a PC :)

4. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

i see your point, but i tend to agree with the naysayers. Apple shouldn't give people a reason NOT to switch.

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Wired

The Wired article was cool but every link just showed screenshots and websites with lots of dead links. I wish there was an actual download to make my Windows XP desktop look like a Mac. The best I could do is just get a Mac OS X screenshot and make it my Windows wallpaper.

7. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

yes and lets give them all the rest of the iapps as well, oh and all the pro apple apps hell lets just stop making macs and let apple die in the hardware game... blah.. stop the, we should give more stuff to window users and have marklar and crap.. hello. apple is a hardware company that uses software to drive hardware sales for software R&D... ok.