Windows XP on MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kirk.davis, Mar 25, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Hiya All, I've just bought a MacBook Pro and I'm thinking about installing XP on it (dual boot); I have an XP Pro CD but it's not got SP2 slipstreamed, will this work Ok? Has anyone tried it?

2. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It won't work right out of the box, but if you head over to http://onmac.net they have a solution for installing WinXP. Please note, there are not yet working graphics drivers for WinXP on the MBP. Also, the solution requires a CD with SP2.

3. macrumors member

they have some directions on how to slipstream sp2 on to a windows xp cd. so, once you do that, you should be able to install it on you MBP.

4. macrumors newbie

I have a mbp, and followed the instructions on how to make a slipstreamed cd. Everything goes ok, and then after a while, the whole setup screen freezes (I left if for half an hour). After I reboot back into OSX, the XP partition is nowhere to be seen....any hints? Thanks!

5. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

You should ask on the onmac.net forums, you'd probably have better luck there.