Windows XP theme?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jamescwarren, Apr 20, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Hi people. I have seen on a few laptops and desktops in shops like Dixons in the UK, a version with the menu bar at the bottom of the screen the same style but in a different colour. The one I have always seen is green and blue menu bar. One I saw in the shop was a grey and green I think. And the one I have seen is not the traditional menu bar, aka: everything before Windows XP. I just want to know is there an update to the system to get the grey and green menu bar and style or is it in themes? Or do you have to get a certain version of Windows. I just want to know this because I want to run Windows on my upcoming MBP and find the grey and green style a lot more elegant. Thanks everyone!:cool:

2. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

it's actually really easy to do... just right-click on the desktop -> properties then you should be able to find out how to do it from there... it is as easy as changing your wallpaper :p

3. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you want to go one further.

http://www.tgtsoft.com/prod_sxp.php

Style Xp.

A cheap theme skinning programme for xp. Download for men version and it defaults to an 10.3 panther theme. Making xp look like a mac. :)

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Better than Style XP, google for uxtheme.dll patch. Effectively does the same thing and is FREE.