windowsmedia player installer won't open

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jgeovanny, Oct 7, 2006.

1. jgeovanny macrumors newbie

hi i am new to Macs this is my first mac i tried to instal windows media dut it won't open maybe because it is a .bin file i trierd to open wit stuffit expander but when the expander is opening it, it won't open it it is like it got frozen or something like that it just say preparig or something like hat but it won't go to the next step. :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Flip4Mac or WMP? (Windows Media Player: Mac)

Sorry, just curious.

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

:confused: :confused: :confused:

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh, sry, to play a wmv or wma file, flip4mac or VLC nightly are both better than mediaplayer.

6. JONNYCHO macrumors newbie

I would stick with VLC, sure it isn't pretty but it supporst way more file types

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Do you have an intel mac? I believe it doesn't work on intel macs so you should try Flip4Mac and that will serve you better.

8. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

DO NOT install Windows Media Player!!! It's a nightmare, won't uninstall without a hassle, and does not work properly under Intel.

DO install Flip4Mac...It's fantastic, works great, and is actually what Microsoft wants you to install now instead of the unsupported WMP.

But in case you come across other programs like WMP, yes, you need StuffIt Expander. Google it; It's free.