WindowsMobile Training Update

Discussion in 'Community' started by iLikeMyiMac, Sep 1, 2004.

1. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

About a month and a half ago I posted in this thread about Free Stuff from Microsoft.
    Today I got an email from them saying:
    I know that this was a pretty popular promotion and a lot of people tried to get their stuff. To bad everyone who signed up for a free gift and spent their time on the tests are out of luck. :mad:
    I guess it's only fair to Microsoft though, but I really wanted my free wireless optical mouse.
    I doubt I could get paystub but I might be able to fake an email address but why even bother. :rolleyes:

2. applekid macrumors 68020

Wait, so you already ordered your rewards, but you didn't get any rewards and got this e-mail? I ordered about two months ago this week, with no e-mail and no reward. I'm hoping my stuff is shipping without a problem (4-8 weeks, after all), but I have to wait till the end of this month to tell. I'm hoping my goods are just running late.

I've seen a copy of this e-mail a few times. There is an affidavit option, but that's like lying under oath and you may be prosecuted (not too sure about it though).

I've signed up for about 5 accounts now and I haven't gotten one e-mail. I hope I'm just lucky and the goods are on their way.

Keep us posted, and I'll do the same.

3. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I only signed up for 1 account. I got all my points and ordered my mouse on 7/13. I got the email on 9/1. I didn't reply to the email or try to fake the legitimacy of my order because I figured why bother.
    As of today I haven't received my mouse in the mail which really isn't a supprise.

Also I think they changed the ship time to 8-10 weeks because mid august I checked my order status and all I got was that it would take 8-10 weeks for delivery which is a couple weeks longer than they said it would take.

4. applekid macrumors 68020

Well, I signed up for 4 accounts 7/22 and ordered the same day. No e-mails to report. I made another account mid-August and ordered again the same day. I guess I can hold a couple of more weeks. Let's hope at least I get my goods, so at least one of us can say, "I screwed Microsoft!" ;)

Edit: BTW, they've changed the site layout a bit. I guess those new rewards are on the way. I have one last account full of points, so I'm hoping I can get by one last time.