Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Thematic for the approaching Halloween :D

IMG_9971.JPG

Got a equally spooky gin :p

IMG_9972.JPG

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
You guys really take hallowe'en seriously!

Yes.

Actually, - to my mind - it's still yet months away, and will only be acknowledged when we are upon it - for one thing, we have barely passed the equinox and - while I am a believer in enjoying the early, mellow, stage of autumn, - I do not contemplate the approach of winter until we stumble into it. Unwillingly.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
You guys really take hallowe'en seriously!

Very :D

The Magic Hat seems a bit early since it's not even October, however, it's terrific, so I'm glad it showed up now!

The gin isn't really a halloween thing (even with the kind of macabre name ...), it's a pretty well known micro out of Wisconson, the name is from a small stretch of water in the area:

Death's Door is the chief navigational passage between the Bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan. It lies between the northeast end of Wisconsin's Door Peninsula and the rocky shores of Pilot, Plum, Detroit, and Washington islands.

Anyway, it's a very solid gin. :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Very :D

The Magic Hat seems a bit early since it's not even October, however, it's terrific, so I'm glad it showed up now!

The gin isn't really a halloween thing (even with the kind of macabre name ...), it's a pretty well known micro out of Wisconson, the name is from a small stretch of water in the area:

Anyway, it's a very solid gin. :)
Well it's such a long time since I was in Wisconsin watching the Packers that I can't recall the name of the beer!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Some of our very best friends are from the area (they live here now), so I went out today and scored this for a present for them (they're more vodka drinkers)

View attachment 658732

Wow. What an extraordinary name - and rather apt for Halloween.

I'm pretty sure that I'd succumb to the temptation to purchase that myself.

What a great name.

Agreed.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Goose IPA. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/3968/

My first time buying this mass produced IPA. Quite enjoyable when chilled to near freeze levels. Fresh, crisp, sharp notes and a creamy mouthfeel. Moderate bitterness that quickly subsides except for a lingering taste and a hint of Tahitian vanilla on the finish. This was a completely random pick of choosing between two beers with my eyes closed. I don't let packaging cloud my judgement.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Goose IPA. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/3968/

My first time buying this mass produced IPA. Quite enjoyable when chilled to near freeze levels. Fresh, crisp, sharp notes and a creamy mouthfeel. Moderate bitterness that quickly subsides except for a lingering taste and a hint of Tahitian vanilla on the finish. This was a completely random pick of choosing between two beers with my eyes closed. I don't let packaging cloud my judgement.

Speaking of Goose,,, their BOURBON COUNTY line of beers should be hitting the shelves soon! I hope I am able to get my hands on some this year!

Reactions: 0388631

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have not found "Founders Breakfast Oatmeal Stout" on tap at three different locations and one of them being in Las Vegas! How I love this beer!

It is excellent, isn't it?

Actually, to my mind, it is by far the best iteration of this particular beer so far: I recall their version of 'Breakfast Oatmeal Stout', from last year, and I must say that it was nowhere nearly as good as this year's beer.

Reactions: JamesMike

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
It is excellent, isn't it?

Actually, to my mind, it is by far the best iteration of this particular beer so far: I recall their version of 'Breakfast Oatmeal Stout', from last year, and I must say that it was nowhere nearly as good as this year's beer.

To find it on tap! Talk about either luck or... But holy smokes, I even had this for breakfast while on our trip to Vegas and yup, it tastes just as good in the morning as it does throughout the day! :D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
To find it on tap! Talk about either luck or... But holy smokes, I even had this for breakfast while on our trip to Vegas and yup, it tastes just as good in the morning as it does throughout the day! :D

Well, no, it is not on tap where I am.

But, I am more than content with being able to lay hands on bottles of the stuff.

And it can be consumed in the morning, too? How wonderful.

Reactions: JamesMike

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Let's blame the autocorrect rather than the Stout...;)

Damn, my glasses, and/or that autocorrect - for, of course, I never re-read my posts (unlike my emails), or subject them to scrutiny prior to hitting the 'hit' or 'send' button. Perhaps the screen of the 11" MBA might also be a culprit.....

You are quite right - 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' is what I meant to write.

The stout has been barely sipped, so it is not at fault - or, rather, not at fault, so early in the evening.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.