Wing Lounge Chair

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Aug 30, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

oh yes! :D liking this... ;)

http://www.lyx.com/products_wing.html

Lush... ;)

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Looks pretty Fugly if you ask me, it reminds of same ancient chairs that my parents had lying around the house.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I certainly give it a try at the store. From the picture it might be a chair that would fit my 80" frame. So many pieces are built for the average person and so uncomfortable for me.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That chair looks like poo.......white 70's poo!

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

6' 8"?! damn ur tall!

6. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

7. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

That's pretty slick, although I'm not totally sold on the color of the wood. I'd need to see it in the flesh. I picked up this chair last xmas and, although I rarely sit in it, it beats the hell out of the crumpled bean bag I used to see every time I came home.

I've picked up many items for my pad or more accurately pod from the following including a coffee table, bar, desk and locker. Although skypad states they are closing out the line, they have merely been dropped by the manufacturer (Traspecialen AB) and all of their stuff is still readily available - provided one can find a store that carries it.

http://www.skypadfurniture.com

Attached Files:

8. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

THANK YOU Hoef. You can't rip off what is perhaps THE MOST FAMOUS CHAIR DESIGN IN THE WORLD and expect anyone to think it's cool, in my opinion. The Herman Miller Lounge chair, designed by Charles & Ray Eames is probably the most widely acclaimed design in furniture in this century, if not in the history of the world. Plus, the material is some of the nicest leather this ass has ever had the pleasure of sitting on!

I actually have one sitting in my living room, and boy is it sweet!

Buy it and see more photos & info here:
    http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a10-c440-p47,00.html

Lee Tom

9. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I disagree... I think it's differentiates itself enough from the Herman Miller Lounge Chair to not be called a rip off.

Its form is influenced by more than just the Herman Miller Lounge Chair, with subtle nods to other classic design and forms within it's aesthetic for it to be merely brushed aside as a 'rip off'.

10. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Darn I am jealous!

11. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

so am I... but sssssshhhhhhhhh don't tell him. :p

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, it has it's advantages and disadvantages. I enjoy being noticed, it is a great ice breaker. When it come to clothes, don't have much choice. and not enough length. Furniture is made for the average, os it is very uncomfortable most of the time.

Lee Tom, since you have the chair, does it seem as though it would work for someone that is 6' 8"?

13. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

The only way to know is to try it out, but it is surprisingly comfortable. I tend to think that stylish stuff probably wont' be very comfortable, but in this case, it's really got it all.

I should note, too, that it's not exactly mine, but my roommate's. Good enough for me!

Lee Tom

14. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Pfeww ... In that case I can claim my roommate's 911 Carrera :)