WingNuts 2 And Onyx

Discussion in 'Games' started by merc669, Sep 10, 2006.

  1. merc669 macrumors 6502

    merc669

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2006
    Location:
    Southern MD, USA
    #1
    I have purchased WingNuts 2 and it worked fine for the longest time and then one day all I get was a crash that dumped me out back to the desktop. I contacted Support for this and tried a few things including removing the Divx Player? Anyways I completely removed it and reinstalled including the latest update. Works great then last nite I run Onyx for some Maint on my MBP and then go back later to run WingNuts and again the problem reappeared. It now crashes again. Removed and Reinstalled and it works fine again. Has anybody else seen this or what in Onyx would cause a crash in WingNuts. Nothiong else is affected. Thanks!!

    Bill....
     
  2. risc macrumors 68030

    risc

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2
    How do you know? OS X has heaps of applications on it both CLI and graphical. I don't use these "maintenance" applications for just this reason. What is Onyx doing for you that is so important? I haven't found a single thing these apps do that is worth bothering with.
     
  3. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

    merc669

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2006
    Location:
    Southern MD, USA
    #3
    For one thing when I ran Onyx, right after that WingNut would do nothing but crash. After removing and reinstalling it worked fine. Rerunning produced the same results. The main reasdon I guess I use Onyx is because I am running a laptop and somewhere I read that the normal weekly Unix Housekeeping utilities runs in the wee dark hours of the morning. Other than that really there is no other reason.

    Bill.......
     
  4. risc macrumors 68030

    risc

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4
    With launchd in Tiger if the UNIX maintenance scripts aren't run at the time they are meant to be they will be run the next time the machine comes out of sleep.

    BTW when I said How do you know I was asking how do you know that the only app that is being broken was Wingnuts 2, there really is no way you could tell exactly what it was breaking unless you tried everything including the rougly 1000 command line tools that ship with OS X (even more if you include XCode).
     
  5. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

    merc669

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2006
    Location:
    Southern MD, USA
    #5
    Lets just say that 99% of the apps I normally used work.....The other 1% I will not sweat at the moment......

    Bill.......
     

Share This Page