WingNuts 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by colinp, Jul 16, 2006.

1. colinp macrumors member

Anyone playing this? I am absolutely loving it.

Freverse just released the 2.0.4 patch, which should resolve gamepad issues anyone might have been having. I've been playing with a 360 controller and it is GREAT. For some reason I need to remap all the buttons on the controller every time I close the game and open it up again. Oh well. Small price to pay I suppose.

Currently on mission 6, but I had reached 10 before deciding I wanted to play without losing any planes.

Anyone else playing?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I have the demo, but I haven't bought the game yet. It's pretty fun.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I got the full WingNuts 1 when you could get it free from .Mac a while ago, so I guess I'll try 2. I wonder how well my SNES pad would work. :D

4. colinp thread starter macrumors member

Only problem with an SNES pad is the number of buttons. Ideally you want at least seven to cover all the bases. That doesn't include the thumbpad, which I never considered seperate buttons =)

Realistically, you could probably get away with six if you don't use the stall/stop move (sorry, can't remember the exact name ;) ). Not sure four is enough though, at least for maximum fun... Some of the new moves are pretty handy.

edit: Wait, does the SNES pad have shoulder buttons? I can't remember, ugh, if it does you should be alright.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Wingnuts 1 is again free.

Use the download link on the Wingnuts 2 page at Freeverse. It's in a 46MB dmg file.