Winning a powerbook...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wide, Apr 26, 2005.

1. wide macrumors 6502a

Apple recently sent me an email about winning stuff at the tiger release date (Friday at 6pm). All the info it said was "*For Official Rules, visit any Apple Store on Friday, April 29, 2005." Does anyone remember what the case was with this in November 2003, when Panther was released?

2. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

Bleh, no Apple stores in Canada... yet.

And even so, unless there's one planned for either Montreal and/or Quebec, forget 'bout it!

Do Apple mini stores only sell iPod minis and Mac minis? :D

3. SleazyBreezy macrumors newbie

Yes, it was handled via simple entry forms that you filled out and stuffed in a box once you were inside. The reps handed the forms out while we were outside waiting in line for the event to start, but they were readily available inside as well.

4. wide thread starter macrumors 6502a

okay, thanks :)

5. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Haha, I was sitting in class today thinking about how I ought to do a post asking this. Thanks for doing so! Is this drawing how you win other prizes too? I thought I heard they were giving out other things besides the singleton powerbook...?

6. wide thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep, Apple is also giving away iPods.

7. RJP31484 macrumors regular

Nationwide drawing?

I had heard that the drawing for the powerbook was a nation-wide thing. In other words... all of the entry forms from accross the U.S. will be put together into a common pool and ONE winner will be drawn. Is this the case? Or will tehre be one winner per store?

8. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Eek, where did you hear this? From what I've heard it seems to be one per store but I guess that was never specified. Must..win...powerbook...