Winter-een-mas '06

Discussion in 'Games' started by jdechko, Dec 30, 2005.

1. jdechko macrumors 68040

So this Sunday (1/1) starts the 2006 Winter-een-mas (can't be any worse that "Talk-Like-A-Pirate" day) season, a season for gaming started by Tim Buckley, author of Ctrl+Alt+Del. I was spreading the word about the holiday, which is "officially" observed Jan 25-Jan 31. You can visit the official WEMas website: http://www.wintereenmas.com/

Just trying to spread the word. I was wondering if anyone is going to participate this year.

Personally, I'm going to take the 28th and have some friends over to do some console gaming. We will try to get a good mix of console gaming going on including SSBM and Super Mario Strikers on the Cube, and probably some Halo on the XBox, in addition to some others. Hopefully, we can also get some classics in there like Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt, etc.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Ill participate by playing games. And reading the CAD Comics.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I have no idea what Wintermass thingy is but I'll certainly dedicate the 26th to gaming.

jdechko; we have similar tastes. when i get some mates over for a gaming mess around we usually kick things off with a Smash Bros Melee multiplayer before moving into a more chilled out Halo 1 multiplayer. dotted around with a tournament style way of playing on Mario Bros 1 and Duckhunt.
    Duckhunt always brings the most laughs. with good reason. best game without a controller ever.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Right after the spring semester starts for me :(

5. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

Winter-een-mas is just a made-up holiday for gamers, dedicated to playing video games. The wintereenmas page kinda explains the background of it. It's really just an excuse to have people over to play games. :D

One of the best things about Nintendo, that has attracted me (back to console gaming) in recent years is the way that Nintendo brings people together to play, rather than over the lan. Plus, I've had a Nintendo (NES) since about 1988, and Mario, Duckhunt, World Class Track Meet (with the powerpad, rivals DuckHunt for best game ever w/o a contoller), Zelda and Kung Fu are some classic games that I still occasionally play. It's what got me addicted to games; it's why I'm a nintendo fan(boy).