Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Wired has posted two articles highlighting several modifications performed on various Macs. The first article features Japanese customizations including painted PowerBook cases, an iBook built inside a high-end aluminum travel case, and a black iMac. The second article offers details on a Macintosh Quadra 605 being fit into a 1940's-era Philco radio, a transparent Power Mac G4 with fluorescent blue neon and an LCD screen, as well as a clam-shell iBook that has been transformed into a touch-screen tablet.

Attachments

• mac_hw_briefcase_f.jpg
    mac_hw_briefcase_f.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 329

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Well if people are willing to rip the innards of their computers like that just for cosmetic reasons I salute them....

Since I'm not nuts enough to do it myself..

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
TiBook mods?

Does any one know of any TiBook mods? Not that I'm crazy enough to do it to mine, but I would love to see custom paint jobs or really any physical modifications done to it.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i would custom paint my TiBook case, except that i'm a student & don't have enough cash in case something goes wrong. as soon as i get a job though i plan to have my TiBook custom painted and maybe chromed...

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
same problem...

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, cb911. I just finsihed school and would love to screw around with my TiBook but I really can't afford to mess it up. If you search the forums, someone else actually painted thier TiBook because their paint was peeling. I was wondering if there were even more customization that we can do to our Tibooks.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
yea, that philco radio is great. gives me inspiration for when i isolate my mac in the studio...maybe i'll find an old radio case and deaden it..do some cable passes and a few cooling fans...much better looking than the standard iso boxes. but how do i make the optical drive easily accesible? hmmmm.

something to think about while puffing the stogie tonite...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.