Wired News: "The 20 Macs that Mattered Most" Your Pick?

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 9, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

original iMac definitely

This is the one that saved apple from the brink and helped shaped it in it's current form. The G4 or G5 powermac is a good choice too.

3. macrumors member

dfa4

I may be biased since I am an Apple Cube owner ;) but I think that the Apple Cube was an important machine for the purpose of demonstrating that Apple, as an innovative computer manufacturer, is unafraid to think outside the box (or cube, so to speak!) The Cube will undoubtedly be revisited,in concept, at least and its significance and revolutionary design and engineering ultimately recognized.

Just my 2 cents.

--
    Duane Andrews
    http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/dfa4

4. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha! The PowerBooks still get looks - Great quote too. Its amazing to see that they actually managed to get 20 computer models for the list.

D

5. macrumors P6

wdlove

Out of that list of 20, I have only owned one of them. It is the Power Mac G4 Sawtooth that I purchased in the Fall of 2000. On that time table sounds like sometime after July, I should be the proud owner of a G5. I'm suprised that they didn't mention the Apple II series.

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

But the Apple II isn't a Mac, and I'm sure if they put it on there, we'd have people arguing about it.

7. macrumors regular

As a long time Mac user, the two that I'm still using are my iMacs (tangerine and flat panel). My other Macs have since been given away or sit in storage... :) I, for one, would like to see an upgraded Cube. :D

8. macrumors 68040

mac15

the iMac for starting the revolution thats is Apple today! and G5 for taking Apple into the future