Wireless ADSL Rouers: Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gangst, Jun 18, 2006.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Well, I'm in the market for a new ADSL Wireless router, because my BT Voyager 2000 refuses to give me 15 minutes surfing without me having to quit Safari and then it'll work again - it's driving me crazy! :mad:

I haven't really looked at routers for ages, so I was hoping some people on here can give me some recommendations as to a fast, reliable router.

The only things it must have are an ADSL modem (possibly ADSL2+ for future proofing?), however a good modem is really good as it'll be most reliable. One LAN port (preferably 2), possibly 108Mb/s as I have a 108Mb/s card in my Windows laptop, so it'd be worthwhile, and a decent range so I have a lot of freedom.

Please make recommendations as I'm not really sure what is good or not.

Thanks for any help.

2. gangst thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. lurcher macrumors regular

lurcher

I have been using the Thomson SpeedTouch 580 Wireless 802.11g at home for a year now and it works great. No problem.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I got an Edimax model off Scan recently. It has been the most easy to use router i have ever had the joy of setting up. It took me ten minutes to get it out of the box and set up on line and wireless.

I recommend them very highly.

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Hi gangst ,I,m about to install a Draytek 2800 for somebody on OS X and have been researching it's use on Mac's seems all should work fine it's a excellent router and has all you want in original post.The only problems I've heard of is needing to muck about to get printing over wireless working correctly(I think this applies to all wireless routers with a print facility,maybe not Airport?) It ain't cheap about £176 that's the model with Voip connectors on router.Be a week or so till I get it and set it up.