Wireless Awakening with a Apple BT Keyboard/Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sethypoo, Jan 14, 2004.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I was trying to activate the "Allow computer to wake from wireless keyboard/mouse" preference in the Bluetooth (BT) preference pane in System Preferences, but it is greyed out. What should I do to enable this?

Thanks,
    Seth

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

To use the bluetooth wake-up feature, your Mac needs either built-in bluetooth from Apple, or you need to be using the D-Link bluetooth adaptor that Apple sells on their site. If you meet either of these two requirements, you need to also download the bluetooth firmware updater from Apple's site. If you're using some other bluetooth adaptor, you're out of luck.

3. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, it's on, I'm not that bad:p ;)

Everything is turned on and connected..... it's still greyed out.

4. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Interesting

All right: I may be able to offer some tips:

I have the mouse, and keyboard. First of all, the devices will not work properly unless you are using built-in Blue Tooth or the D-Link DBT 120.

That being said, my 17" iMac with DBT-120, and PB G4 were also not awakening from sleep with wireless devices. I found out what was up: With the CD that came with the mouse/keyboard, first install the software, THEN run the firmware updater: this was at least the case with 10.2.8. Perhaps in Panther it has changed. Anyway, good luck.

5. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Still no go...

Well, I've got a rev.a 12" PowerBook G4 (867MHz model, built-in Bluetooth.)

I've got the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse.

I tried to install the software that came with the kb/mouse (both came with version 1.0) and it says that my computer already has it installed, or doesn't need it.

I've installed the latest Bluetooth firmware.

Yet "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" is grayed out.

[Update: Apparently I had only run the Bluetooth Update, not the Firmware update. It works just fine now! Finally, I can run my PowerBook in lid-closed mode with my Bluetooth kb/mouse.]

6. Maritan macrumors regular

Yeah, see... I realized it was a really stupid "suggestion" on my part - which is why I deleted my message! :D