Wireless Batteries

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Crager724, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Crager724 macrumors member

Hey all, newbie here with a quick question. Those of you who use wireless keyboard and mouse, do you turn them off at night? I have replaced the batteries twice in the mouse but still have the original batteries in the keyboard. I bought them both in May. I'm wondering if turning the mouse off will help save battery life.

Thanks for any help.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I turn my mouse off at night, but not because of power savings... I had some trouble with leaving my mouse on, putting my notebook to sleep, and taking it home, and having it KP on wakeup, and so now I always let the mouse disconnect before taking the notebook home for the night. I think that two sets of batteries since May is on the short side, though.... I think you should get three or four months out of a set in the mouse. I have no experience with the keyboard, so I don't know about that.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I had a cheap-o MS mouse (wireless with RF receiver) and I always left the actual mouse on overnight (while shutting my PM down). It lasted like 2 months on 2 AA battery's. Not bad!