Wireless Batteries

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Crager724, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Crager724 macrumors member

Aug 9, 2005
    God's Country
    Hey all, newbie here with a quick question. Those of you who use wireless keyboard and mouse, do you turn them off at night? I have replaced the batteries twice in the mouse but still have the original batteries in the keyboard. I bought them both in May. I'm wondering if turning the mouse off will help save battery life.

Thanks for any help.
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I turn my mouse off at night, but not because of power savings... I had some trouble with leaving my mouse on, putting my notebook to sleep, and taking it home, and having it KP on wakeup, and so now I always let the mouse disconnect before taking the notebook home for the night. I think that two sets of batteries since May is on the short side, though.... I think you should get three or four months out of a set in the mouse. I have no experience with the keyboard, so I don't know about that.
  3. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    I had a cheap-o MS mouse (wireless with RF receiver) and I always left the actual mouse on overnight (while shutting my PM down). It lasted like 2 months on 2 AA battery's. Not bad!