Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I'm curious if anyone knows if they make a surround system that is wireless through Bluetooth or anything wireless and also can dock an iPod. Getting my own place and wanna do wireless though not even sure if it will sound as good as wired. Thoughts?

here2rock

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
Just depends on how big is your budget. Some of the new Hi Fi components have built in Air Play feature compatible with Apple TV. I know Pioneer is one such manufacturer.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
i want something that i can connect to the tv like surround sound,but i want to put speakers around the room, but didn't want to use wires. Also apple tv with air play is great, but i wanted to dock my ipod classic and sometimes play music on it.

here2rock

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
i want something that i can connect to the tv like surround sound,but i want to put speakers around the room, but didn't want to use wires. Also apple tv with air play is great, but i wanted to dock my ipod classic and sometimes play music on it.

I see, Samsung offers such home theatre packages:

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/...heatre/home-theatre-systems/HT-E6750W/XY-spec

The above system has wireless rear speakers. It has Bluetooth built in so you can pair it with your iPad, iPhone or any other Bluetooth device like your Andriod phones and tablets.

I will not buy an overpriced Bose dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.