Wireless Cable???

Discussion in 'Community' started by pjkelnhofer, Nov 23, 2003.

1. pjkelnhofer macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

I am about to upgrade my home network (one Mac and one PC that share a cable modem) to wireless. And, I go to thinking, does any one make a device that would allow me to make my cable itself wireless. I would like to put a tv and a computer in a room that does have a cable jack in it currently and before I cut a hole in the wall and run a wire for the cable into that room (because if I am going to do that I may as well just run a wire for the cable modem as well).
    Does such a creature exist??? (If not is it because the bandwidth is too great to send it wirelessly?)
    Any help will be very greatly appreciated!!!

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Have you considered Wi-Fi? A great wireless available at 54 Mbps, definitely fast enough for a home network. I don't think that there are any devices for transmitting the cable send wirelessly to your TV though, but it doesn't look like you are trying to do that anyway.

3. pjkelnhofer thread starter macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

Actually, I am trying to send the cable wirelessly. I assumed that nothing existed to do it, but I thought if something did the people here would know about it.
    Thanks.

4. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

5. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard