Wireless carriers in sync on 911 location tech

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by medea, Mar 26, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

my phone does that, it's really nice peace of mind. i wish there was one-touch 911, but knowing that i can just dial the number and worry about other stuff is nice...

i've heard a lot of stories about this making the life or death difference... for me, that's enough to overrule the privacy implications...

pnw

3. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

That's a very good idea. I was in an accident a month ago:( and it would have been nice to have the 911 agency be able to pinpoint me within 50 meters. I had to really think about it inorder to explain my location to them.

4. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

My phone handles it, but I don't think the 911 service where I live uses it... It's just a GPS thing, so it shouldn't be that hard to use, but they're slow in impleting things down here...

5. pantagruel macrumors regular

thats a great idea really, not only for saving lives but I wonder how many crank calls come in over cell phones? Also if, forbid it to be, another terrorist attack happens or a even a natural disaster and we have a situation were people are trapped like the WTC then it would be easier to find them. Lets hope everyone, cell phone companies and such, get behind this.