Wireless Connectivity in XP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by craigatkinson, Oct 20, 2006.

?

Are you having wireless connectivity problems in Windows XP using bootcamp?

1. I'm having connectivity problems and I haven't found a solution.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. I'm having connectivity problems and I've solved the problems.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. I've never had connectivity problems in Windows XP.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. craigatkinson macrumors regular

craigatkinson

Okay, I'm setting up a poll. I've been trying for months for fix my wireless connectivity in Windows XP on my mac. I've searched Google, I've looked through forum upon forum, and I cannot find a solution to my problem. Everytime I've posted a thread on this forum, I get 5 or 6 people who say they're having the same problem, but no one who provides a solution. So I'm curious, how many people are having this problem? How many people have found a solution to this problem? Hence the poll. Please take this poll, and if you have any solutions, please post those as well.

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

My signal is like, crappy as hell in Windoze. :S

3. drval macrumors member

I'm all bars in Windows and, at almost all times, have better connectivity than does my wife's system -- same MacBook Pros, she in OSX, me in XP under Boot Camp.

4. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

I'm running Parallels/XP on a Mac Book and I wasn't able to connect wirelessly for some reason. Haven't found the solution, and I'm stuck without being able to use Outlook with my company's IMAP servers.

Going to switch to Mail for IMAP but can't get that to work either. I'm going to try connecting via Ethernet once I run the cables.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

When I originally installed XP on my MacBook I couldn't connect to the Internet wirelessly at all, but once the second set of drivers came out, I installed them and then reinstalled the first set for good measure and then wireless worked. :)

6. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

my macbook can connect with xp under bootcamp in places that it can't with osx

7. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

Same. I connect really well in XP. Easily as good as my OSX wireless connections.