Wireless driver problem in Win7 in macbook air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by greatwall9528, Aug 15, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2013
    My macbook air is the 2013 version,I use bootcamp to setup Windows7 x64,but I found a problem is that it is always can not connect to the internet when I start up the system,there is a red cross on the wireless icon.

Then I connect the U disk ,and setup the driver in document bootcamp again ,it will turn to normal.But every time it happens ,I need to repeat this operation, I wonder if there is a way to solve it forever....

Do you also face the problem?
  2. macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2009
    I had this issue, I clicked on the link in windows that let it resolve the problem automatically and it has worked fine ever since
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2012
    I have the issue every so often when I boot into windows. Restarting usually seems to resolve things, but the windows help thing cannot fix it on it's own. When I see the red cross I cannot see any wireless networks at all.
  4. macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I had similar issues with Win7 and BC.

It would either not see any networks, or it would see but not connect / stay connected to the network I wanted.

A few threads seem to be popping up about the problematic Wifi drivers for for bootcamp.

Until it's fixed (if it ever is) I'm making do with a VM in Fusion 5 instead.
  5. macrumors 68040

Oct 4, 2003
    New York
    The problem has something to do with rebooting from OS X into Windows. The workaround is instead to shut down the mac, then power it up and go into windows. I read this in another thread on this board and have been doing it for a week now and have not had the wifi issue once.
  6. macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2009
    when windows resolved the issue for me all it did was reset the wifi (turn it off completely and back on again). I have no idea how to do this manually but windows did it and it took care of it
  7. jonasdamn, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

macrumors 6502a

Mar 4, 2013
    same issue here, only one workaround- shutdown and then choose windows then no problems with WiFi adapter. By the way, if apple releases driver updates, where i can check it? or they will release new bootcamp app version with newer drivers? I'm newbie on mac and bootcamp
    seems that by system requirements MBA 2013 isnt supported :/