Wireless Keyboard and Cellphone

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by G5Unit, Jan 8, 2007.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Is it possible that my Treo 650 is messing up my wireless keyboard's signal? It's the logitech S 530 mac.

2. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your keyboard (and mouse if you have one) is 2.5ghz wireless though a doodle, NOT bluetooth.

In any case. Just limit the possibilities. Have you tried turning off your Treo and seeing if you have problems? If it works fine with it off then yes it is the problem. Then try turning off bluetooth on your Treo to see if that is the problem.

If your treo is the problem, maybe you can change the channel on your keyboard. If that is even a option.

The Stig

3. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Oh, I know it's not bluetooth, but my Treo does have IR as far as I know. It only happens every 30 mins or so when my keyboard decides not to type letters every so often. I quickly checked to see if it was my phone but taking out the battery real fast and the keyboard worked fine after. But I might have been to late.

Oh and also. The keyboard keeps forgeting, or changing my hot keys. Like command+Q to close a window might become option+Q or nothing at all. Same with F1 F2 and F3 for expose, they sometimes don't work. Also with my wireless mouse that came with the set, the tracking works, but sometimes the clicking doesn't.

4. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

The IR port on your Treo is NOT going to effect anything with your keyboard and/or mouse. Unless for some reason it has a IR port... which I doubt it does....

It doesn't sound like the problem has anything do with your Treo if it open happens every 30 minutes.

If you keyboard has any options in system pref (or somewhere else) I would check them. If you can reset it to factory default, try that. Other than that if you keyboard came with a install software I would re-install it.

Try that and let us know.

5. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

OH, and try changing your batteries. It may help. Something to rule out anyway.

6. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

OK, it is so the phone that is causing this, I guess I just have to move the phone away from my keyboard!

7. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

If you don't have wifi or bluetooth on your treo 650 then I really don't see how it is causing a problem with your wireless keyboard. Your Treo runs on a completely different freq on your cell phone network then your keyboard does. I guess it could be possible. If you move your phone away from your keyboard and your keyboard works fine from then on then all the power to ya, don't put your phone by your keyboard. But if you still have problem try keeping your Treo off for a while and if you still have problems then you need to be looking at other things.

8. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Nevermind, I'm returning the keyboard and getting another one. I'm sick of it. Any good bluetooth keyboard for mac?

9. defsquad macrumors regular

I'm having the EXACT same problem with my logitech bluetooth keyboard (older one from the mx bluetooth duo set) and my SE k790a. when i get a call or text message in on my cell phone my keyboard's bluetooth connection drops and i can't type (it's bad when someone calls and you're playing wow and pushing the move forward key and you run off the side of a mountain or something retarded becqause you can't stop yourself because the keyboard has disconnected). i thought about buying an RF wireless keyboard since I have an RF mouse now (the mx900 that came with my keyboard just plain sucks in OSX, the RF microsoft mouse i have (surprisingly) works really well in OSX. when my phone is turned off, everything is dandy btw. and this happens A LOT.