Wireless Keyboard & Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MatthewConnelly, Jan 23, 2007.

1. MatthewConnelly macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

Do you turn your mighty mouse and keyboard off when you're not using them? I personally leave them on, and after about a month of use with my mouse according to miniStat2 there's still 99% battery left!

I always had worries about wireless products, and having to replace the batteries frequently, but it looks as though I won't have to do that with Apple stuff.

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

My Mighty mouse is always on.....dang I have never replaced the batteries yet....still almost full....just checked......oh yea!

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I turn my WMM off after putting computer to sleep - if I remember.

4. MacSyn macrumors regular

Wow! what kind of bettery are you using? I left my wireless MM on all the time when I 1st got it then the betteries died after a month or so. I turn it off whenever I put the book to sleep now.

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I turn my mouse and keyboard off at night when I go to sleep and usually when I go to work too. Forgot you could even check capacity. I wonder how they're faring after three months.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

My wireless apple keyboard's batteries last months and months. I usually forget to turn it off because they just keep going anyway. My Radtech BT600 bluetooth mouse is another story... :rolleyes:

7. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Just downloaded miniStat2 but I can't see a preference to check batter life for wireless Apple keyboard and mouse. Help?

8. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

You don't need to do this. Just look at the battery level through system preferences...mouse & keyboard....bluetooth tab.

EDIT: I don't have my Wireless mighty mouse or keyboard attached right now (b/c I'm on my MacBook) but usually the battery level indicator is green indicating the amount of battery left.

Attached Files:

9. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Thanks McGarvels!

10. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

No Problem! :D

11. MatthewConnelly thread starter macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

If you want to check it in miniStat, just click the number to the left of the battery icon.

12. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I've had the Wireless Mouse & Keyboard since October with my Mini, never turn them off and use them both quite a bit every day and my battery is still full.

13. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Sweet! I've been using it for less than a week and the battery is already at 75%. I'm not using the batteries that came with the keyboard though. Just regular Duracell.

But to contribute to the thread: I leave my keyboard on when I go to sleep.

14. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Are you using it with a notebook, and if so do you tote the Mouse or Keyboard. Anytime you throw them in a bag or anything turn them off because they use power when they are not sleeping on a flat surface.

15. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Same! The batteries Apple gives out with the wireless mouse + keyboard have a super long battery life, but regular old batteries won't last that long. I bought rechargable batteries and those seem to give me 2 months or so for the mouse. I turn the mouse + keyboard off at night.

16. MatthewConnelly thread starter macrumors regular

MatthewConnelly

The ones that came with my mighty mouse and keyboard were just normal Energizer batteries, nothing special. I think that Energizer and Duracell would last a long time.

17. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Yep, using them with the MB when at apartment. I should start turning them off at night..

18. Boxer macrumors regular

I leave mine on and I have not had to replace the batteries since I bought them 5 months ago or so.

19. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Do the keys electronically "stick"?
    I guess I should explain more, when playing WoW on my microsoft branded wireless keyboard, there are times where a key will "stick" and my char will keep moving in one direction and i usually have to unplug or reconnect the bluetooth box to my computer. Does that happen often with the Apple keyboard/mice?

20. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

My wireless keyboard lasted a year with the batteries it came with. The mighty mouse only lasted about 2 months.

21. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Just checked wireless keyboard battery capacity and it jumped up 2% to 77%. Heh.