Wireless keyboard & mouse probs with closed PB

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Piarco, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I've just bought a wireless keyboard for my RevD PB, and will be using it with a AL macmouse. I've used both with the PB when its open, but my intentions are to use it as a basestation when I'm at home, or in a second hotdesk at work, with an separate monitor... so will obviously be using it with the PB closed.

I've tried this at home with the PB connected to the power supply and it worked fine, but I'm at work at the moment (and I'm using battery power) and it just refuses to come out of sleep. Both keyboard and mouse are on with new batteries, so they don't seem to be the source of the problem. Bluetooth prefs are set so they can wake the PB from sleep.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or is it the fact that if the PB is closed and on battery power that it can't be woken by BT devices?

2. tobio macrumors regular

tobio

It has to be plugged in. I do a similar thing to you, only i have a spare powersupply that lives at work. I think the fact that it has to be pluged in when using it this way is somewhere in the "small print" deep in apple's help.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

For any Apple laptop to work in "clamshell" mode, it must be plugged into power, have a keyboard/mouse present and an external monitor connected.

4. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

that's how mine works
    never tried it unplugged
    but the monitor and then BT mouse/keyboard are a must

problem solve this though:
    just re-start

never know- sometimes works