Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foxxlet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
London, UK
The apple wireless keyboard works well under XP but the utility apple provide to remap the keys doesn't work because it tries to detect a wired keyboard. Probably its not a problem for most people as they have a wired keyboard lying around somewhere, but this is my first desktop mac and I ordered the wireless one.

Anyone know a workaround? Or can anyone provide clues on how to use the extracted drivers from the setup file in the keyboard folder of Macintosh Drivers.

Alternately can anyone tell me what that little program extracts and where it puts the files?

I realise this has been discussed before but I thought its time for an update.:)

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I don't have a mapping problem, but as your issue has already been resolved I don't feel guilty for hijacking your thread. ;)

I have a bluetooth keyboard and Mighty Mouse, and whenever I boot in to XP Pro on my mini it detects the Mighty Mouse with no problems, but it won't pick up the keyboard. The only way I can get it to work is by turning the keyboard off and back on, then it will detect it.

Anyone know how I can get XP to detect the keyboard without resetting it?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.