Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ZoomZoomZoom, Aug 17, 2006.

1. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2005
    Does anyone know of any good wireless keyboards, that are good for putting on the lap? Call me spoiled but I would like to be able to hook up my laptop to a large external display and then be able to work while sitting on the sofa/bed.

I'm looking for a keyboard that's:
    (1) Wireless
    (2) Has no numpad, or at minimum has the qwerty part of the keyboard centered
    (3) Overall good in build quality, key feel
    (4) Not expensive

I was looking at the Microsoft keyboard (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ultimatekeyboard/default.mspx), but it seems like it'll be expensive. Plus, it hasn't even been released yet, so it's a bit out of the question.
  2. ZoomZoomZoom thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2005
    Yeah! Something like the second one. But the build quality doesn't seem very good, and one of the reviewers advised against it for touch-typists. I'm really picky about my keyboards; I actually get problems when there are slight variations in key spacing, physical feedback, etc., so it makes the search ever harder =\
  3. LastBreath macrumors member

May 27, 2005
    South Wales, UK
    Spending that little bit extra on that keyboard you want would be worth it then, I've had the chance to review a very simular keyboard in question internally for the company i work for. I can't email the review to you but i can say that its worth the money, in case your wonder my company did not decided to mass buy these keyboards. I get to keep mine however :D