Wireless Mighty Mouse at Paris Expo??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JasonGough, Sep 13, 2005.

1. JasonGough macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2005
    Manchester, UK
    Please please please Apple give us a wireless mighty mouse!!

What you guys think the chances are of that happening?

Also, why can you not select Mighty Mouse on the customise part of buying a Mac from the website?
  2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

Jan 20, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    That's a good point, maybe Apple are waiting to make the Mighty Mouse standard. Which will then require a bluetooth version.
  3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Well I'd like 2! You can select the mighty mouse if you are ordering a Mac Mini. Not sure about the other machines...
  4. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I didn't have good luck with Apple's wireless mouse. Very jumpy, not at all good for my Photoshop work. Maybe I had a bum unit.
  5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005

You probably did have a bad one...
    My wireless mouse is absolutely perfect! All smooth and perfect.
    Heck, I even used it on my leg, and it still did its thing correctly. :p
  6. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Perhaps you might consider switching to decaf? ;)
  7. Euan macrumors regular

Sep 1, 2005
    I've heard the BT mouse loves batteries.... would the Mighty Mouse drain even more?
  8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    I purchased my bluetooth mouse the day it came out, and have only replaced the battery five times.

It's a decent mouse. Mine works on my leg also, however it doesn't have the precision needed for photoshop work. :(
  9. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

Jan 11, 2002
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Dare I say it, the one thing I'd love to see right now is a laser mouse from apple, not an optical with LED, no... a laser one. If Logitech can do it, Apple certainly can, and I'm not buying another Apple mouse until that sensor gets way better, because even the one on my MX700 is considerably more sensitive.

Having said that, I don't care if it's 1 button or 10, seriously, I just want a good mouse.
  10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Wireless Mighty Mouse won't happen until the sales of the regular Mighty Mouse have pretty much died. The Mighty Mouse is still a bit of a novelty and releasing a wireless version will kill all wired sales. Come on people, it's all about the marketing. :p
  11. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

Jan 11, 2002
    Bay Area, Ca.
    HAHA are you trying to say they want all the bluetooth mice owners to give up on the thought there will be a bluetooth mighty mouse and just get the regular one?

That actually sounds quite plausible :D then once they've bought the mighty mouse, bam out comes the bluetooth one!

Gah, one thing apple needs to fix with bluetooth though, is in the "connected devices" screen, have a FRICKEN *connect* button so that you can select a recent item and force the computer to try and connect it! I hate that one, either you have to wait for some voodoo magic and the computer to automatically detect a mouse, or you have to set up a whole new mouse and go through the stupid wizard again.. very MS-like!

Shame on apple for the BT wizard, actually.. that thing is WAY too MS-like.
  12. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Apr 28, 2004
    touch sensitive sensors and laser = dead battery.
  13. Alasta macrumors regular

Jan 12, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    There appears to be huge demand for a bluetooth Mighty Mouse and, of course, Apple knows their market. I'm pretty confident that this product will be released very soon, and Paris seems pretty likely.

I'll definitely be buying one as soon as they are available.
  14. FF_productions macrumors 68030

Apr 16, 2005
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    maybe when they update the powermacs/mini's, if it happens, they'll include a Mighty Mouse? I'm very hopeful that there will be some updates...
  15. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
  16. Bern macrumors 68000

Nov 10, 2004
    I don't see the point in having a Mac laptop with built in bluetooth and having a usb mouse attached to it. Obviously Apple's market with the Mighty Mouse are desktop users or the gullible.

If a BT version comes out I'll buy it, but they can keep the usb Mighty Mouse.
  17. stevep macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2004
    May be BT Mighty mouse and more........

Seeing as the announcement of the Nano caught most people by surprise I would say that Apple could easily surprise everybody again in Paris. So a BT Mighty Mouse is possible, and it wouldn't knock sales of the usb version - desktop users still need a mouse, and can save a bit by going for the wired version.
    It would be nice for Apple to surprise us all again in Paris - maybe by releasing the first Intel Mac early (I'm waiting for an Intel Mac mini..........)
    I'm sure that Apple are going to push the Intel machines out as soon as they can. After all, they've already got one model up and running.
  18. Bob_Barker macrumors regular

Jun 22, 2004
    Gainesville, FL
    I'd love to see the BT Mighty Mouse at the Paris Expo, but I'm betting we won't see it until January.
  19. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Jun 14, 2005
    New York, NY
    It looks like it was made from the beginning as a wireless mouse, because it has so much free space within the USB mouse. I think they are probably just tweaking the battery and LED light to get better performance and battery life. Definetly Paris! Hopefully without Powerbooks, because seeing new ones would just crush me. Just bought one.
  20. Eluon macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2005
    Spring, Texas
    yea, the only reason i haven't bought one yet is because i like the bluetooth option. I have a cheap logitech wireless usb mouse that I don't care for too much but it gets the job done. When apple releases a better bluetooth mouse I'll be sure to swipe the card.
  21. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2005
    hmmm, this is the first real evidence I have heard about the possibility of a BT MM. Would love one also, but I'm sure Apple will wait until sometime next year in order to get the most upgrade sales.
  22. JasonGough thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2005
    Manchester, UK
    its stupid that they released a wired version in the 1st place. if there is room inside the MM for bluetooth transmiter and stuff, they should have just brought it out with bluetooth.

realy don't like it when companies try to get everyone to buy a downgraded version before bringing out the original idea.

its what every company did with DVD recorders aswell, they were available when DVD players caught the public eye, just not released til everyone had a player. makes me angry! :mad:
  23. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    It was easier and more important to get the wired version out the door first.

There are more regulatory hurdles that need to be cleared once a radio transmitter is included. Also, serious users need the responsiveness and accuracy that Bluetooth doesn't offer.