Wireless Mighty Mouse Power Off?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lexxsf, Jul 28, 2006.

1. lexxsf macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2005
    Just a question for those of you with your new Wireless Mighty Mouse. Does it have an off switch on the bottom? It doesn't indicate that anywhere on the Apple site but I do so on the underside that there is a slider you can push over the laser.

Also, have you guys found the Wireless Mighty Mouse to be able to wake the computer? I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Bluetooth and I always have to wake the computer with the keyboard and then click the mouse and move it around for about 15 seconds before the Mac catches it and wakes it up.

Thanks and hope you're all enjoying your new mouse!
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I don't have a Wireless Mighty Mouse, but these two answers are based on the Apple Wireless Mouse, and I am 99.99% sure they apply to the WMM.

1) The sliding cover acts as on off switch -- the mouse powers down when the cover is covering the light source.

2) The Apple Wireless Mouse does wake macs when you press the button or move it around, if the setting is enabled in sys prefs. There is an issue with how some mice and keyboards act when the computer they are attached to goes to sleep, so I think the issue is with the MS mouse. FWIW the Apple Wireless KB also wakes the computer with a keypress. But it does take a second or two! ;)

Hope those help?