Wireless Mighty Mouse - Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stevehp, Oct 28, 2006.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

I am about to pick one up...

Should I get one or not?

Is there a better bluetooth mouse available that will match apple's "look"

Thanks!

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Nay. Can't stand that rodent, wires or wireless.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I have a tolerate/hate relationship with my wired one, but I love the wireless one, which, for whatever reason, seems to differentiate left/right clicks much more effectively.

4. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks!

any suggestions on good bluetooth mice then?

5. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for, but the Logitech revolution mice are just so much better - they fit your hand so well and seem to be made of much better materials. The only downside for you with a laptop is the USB receiver, but it is only an inch long, and the other dimenstions are the same as the USB port - the VX revolution even has a slot in it to store the receiver.

David

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I say Yay...works like a charm but you have to like the mightyness first.

7. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

best mouse (wired) would be the razer... www.razerpro.com

However whilst they aren't the 'best' ...the mighty mouse (wired & bt) are my second choices.

I'm only in the market for a BT Mouse right now - so I'll be purchasing the Apple BT soon - however if razor made a wireless - I'd not think twice about it.

I really need a BT with my portable, just the ease of use, packing it a bag etc - whilst I don't really care about wires or no wires (from an aesthetic perspective) - I do care about what will be easy for me to manage going between meetings and I think that little tail will just get annoying after a while.

8. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Personally I don't know what all the nay-sayers are on about. The Mighty Mouse works flawlessly for me. It performs exactly as it should. It's a great mouse and I have no regrets ever buying it. I've had many BT mice in the past and none of them match up to the Mighty Mouse.

Others either skip, have lousy tracking, are not real accurate or run through batteries too quickly. The Mighty Mouse is fantastic. Batteries last for ages, it's precise, never skips and is easy to use. I've read people complain about the right click, but I've never had a problem using it.

I say go for the Mighty Mouse.

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I can't detect any difference in the way it detects left & right click. Hold it the wrong way and both will misbehave just fine.

The wireless does work better for me and it's due to one single reason, which nevertheless seems to make a major difference to the user: The weight. The bigger inertia makes more sense out of the Apple mouse movement curve which I've never really got to grips with.

Both however lose to my wireless Microsoft mouse which costs half as much as the Wireless MM (apart from the scroll ball on either MM, which is nice).

10. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I never had the wired version, but so far I love my wireless one. I bought it from a fellow MR member, which saved me around 20 bucks.

No problems at all, and I love how customizable it is. I take it with me to class and use that instead of a trackpad.

I can definitely understand where some might have a hard time getting used to it and the buttons, but for me it was easy - a lot easier than I even expected!

My best advice would be to try it out in person before buying, though. It's kind of an expensive mouse to pick up only to find you hate it.

11. Gamdoan macrumors newbie

Gamdoan

I give two thumbs up on the BT Mighty Mouse. It's very nice and has extremely long battery life!!!

12. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

I love my Mighty Mouse. I can trade having to clean it once a month with the comfort and look! Its luuuurvley!

13. fozy macrumors member

Great mouse

Apple lets go of the one button mouse interface and voila a great device. Tracks well and has lots of options. Also something few other wireless mice offer is a power switch that doubles as a lens cover for sticking in your bag when you're on the go.

I've had wired and BT they seam to perform consitently.

Keep your hands clean, if debris gets in the trackball it takes a while to get working right again.

14. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Its the perfect mouse to buy with a new Mac. I got mine at the Apple Store Bluewater. The guy was very knowladgeable, but he couldn't get the new Chip 'n' PIN dohickies to work properly (only on one machine though).

15. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

the wha..? :confused:

16. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

In the UK ya gotta enter your PIN instead of sighning the receipt when using a card.

17. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

i would def say pick em out right now actually have 4 mighty mice, 2 wire 2 bt. but with any piece of electric equipment there will be duds. a duud blue tooth mighty mouse came with it. im waiting for the replacement right now . but def a good pickup

18. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

I love mine. It rocks and is comfortable and is sexy.

19. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

I loved my wired one. I cant speak for the wireless guy.

20. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I've used the wired Mighty Mouse. Here's a rough and short review of it, IMO:

+ Nice overall design
    + Very customizable, usefull for Exposé and Dashboard

- Scroll ball slightly too small
    - After a while scroll ball would get "stuck", mainly when scrolling down. This requires cleaning the scroll ball often. If you search for them, you'll find plenty of threads discussing this.

Overall I thought the Mighy Mouse was a decent mouse. But I really had issues with the scroll ball. Apple really needs to redesign that. Although it doesn't really apply here since you want wireless, the cord kept getting in my way....but that's pretty much for all wired mice.