Wireless Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mz.bhvn, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mz.bhvn macrumors member

I just recently purchased a macbook and I'm disliking the trackpad or whatever it's called lol and was wondering if an external wireless mighty mouse would drain the battery? does anyone have any advise? or does anyone use it for the macbook?

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I have a USB External I use for my iBook. It is a pain because you hve to plug the transmitter into it, but i can't say i've noticed any battery loss with it. I would GUESS that bluetooth would use more battery than USB.

Mine is a Microsoft mini thing - 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. Up until yesterday i LOVED IT. However, yesterday my old Apple one button mouse was replaced with a Mighty Mouse - oh my, i love that thing! I was reading about people not liking the wheel ball - that is the perfect size. Don't even have to move my finger just wheel!

Anyway, i'd suggest a trip to Office Depot/Staples/_____ and try how they feel. But *I* would gladly go steal that wired Mighty and put it on the iBook :D

(On the MS mouse - the really nice thing is the USB plug in part snaps on the bottom of the mouse and it's easy to carry around!

3. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

I have the WMM for my macbook and it's alright. There are better mice out there but none that match the macbook (white at least). And yes, the bluetooth drains the battery faster.

4. mz.bhvn thread starter macrumors member

So a mighty mouse with the cord/usb would be a better option in regards to the battery?

5. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

yes it would. but then again you have to mess with wires and plugging and unplugging the mouse will wear down the port over time. I would recommend going wireless, just turn down the display brightness and set the computer for "better battery life."

6. mz.bhvn thread starter macrumors member

Okay, sweet. Thankyou :)

7. mz.bhvn thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so I decided not to get the lil' mighty mouse... I was only gonna get it to match my macbook anyway. So I ended up getting a Logitech V450 laser cordless mouse (for notebooks). Seems to be working awesomely atm :)