Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
London
I have had my iMac for just over a month now and it has all been fine but the last week my keyboard and mouse keeps disconnecting.
First of all it was just the mouse and when i checked the batteries to the mouse it was 11% so i put it down the batteries and after i changed them it was fine for the next 24 hrs.

Then after the 24 hrs the keyboard started doing it and the batteries were 100%. Then the mouse started doing it again.

They are now both disconnecting at different times about 10 times each a day. Most of the time they disconnect at different times but sometimes they both disconnect at the same time and re connect at the same time.

The only thing i can think of is that it could be to do with lion.
Anyone else having this problem?

Dr99

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
My mouse is doing the same thing. I haven't upgraded to lion yet, and haven't changed anything. I also made sure nothing was around that could be interfering. Any other ideas?

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
This happens to me on my MBP when I take it away from my desk. When I start to hit its limit, it starts disconnecting and reconnecting. Is your desk made of metal? If so, then it's acting like a huge EMI shield which blocks the bluetooth signal from the mouse/keyboard.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
London
nah its made of wood. It does it sometimes when i play wow but mostly when i am using safari or iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.