Wireless Mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pagartimun, Nov 9, 2005.

1. pagartimun macrumors newbie

Are they any good with iMac? Or should stick with the given mighty mouse and power cord?

Heard wireless drains battery and not that reliable....Thanks..

:)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I had wired mouse/keyboard at first and then went wireless a few months later and can't look back. It looks much neater and is easier for anyone wanting to use their desk for other (non-computer :eek: ) stuff too. Just get some rechargeable batteries and you'll be fine. :)

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no problem with battery life here, the KB is great with them, the mouse does well enough though too considering.

do a search the the wireless KB and mouse and you will find tons of info on 'em, but i highly recommend them

4. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I have a powerbook, which may not be a iMac. Nonethless, I recieved my Apple Wireless Keyboard yesterday and my MacMice today and I am loving it. I know a 12" Pb is supposed to be portable but those things get so dash darn hot and a keyboard feels ten times lighter. I highly recomment also because when I hook up my powerbook to my main monitor and use it as a desktop, the ability lean back in the chair with keyboard and mouse in hand is just priceless. By the way, for batteries, just purcahse a 8 pack of rechargebles with a charger. I got mine for $45, this way I have all rechargable batteries and I have backup. Puuuurrrrfect with Tiger!

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

wireless is totally the way to go, and it will work great with the imac. That said, I wouldn't use the apple one button bluetooth mouse... but that's just me.

6. mpw Guest

I've got a MS BT 5 button mouse which is great but it does tend to use more batteries than a wired mouse.:rolleyes:

7. ShadyMac macrumors member

I have both wireless keyboard and mouse. Can't complain when it comes to clean around the computer desk.

8. Graeme Pearce macrumors newbie

I love my BT keyboard & mouse. Wouldn't change them at all.

Went to an Apple store yesterday to test drive the "Mighty" Mouse expecting to love it. I hated it. This is one person who is very happy to stay with a one-button mouse and use the option key.

For scrolling you still have the page up/down keys and the arrow keys. (BTW I also have a two button scrolling mouse which I have set aside in preference to the BT mouse as the missing cable is a boon on a crowded desk).

As for batteries the keyboard is very economical. The mouse eats a lot. But then again I am on the computer for many hours each day. I use rechargeable NiCd batteries. At the first warning the batteries are low I whack them in the charger. The charge cycle finishes about the time the batteries finally conk out.

Gp

9. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Just go wired. You'll have the wireless remote for movies and stuff. Surely a little cable going for 4" around behind the iMac isn't a hassle?
    I think wired are a lot neater. The less **** around that takes batteries, the better.
    Just my $0.02, which wasn't spent on batteries :D Except of course for that one bluetooth apple one.