Wireless Mouse fun!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Fabrix2003, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Fabrix2003 macrumors regular

just purchased a wireless mouse for my 17" Powerbook,

Erm just wondering when we were waiting for the New Powerbooks to come out, someone brought up the suggestion of a media track changer thats wireless?

well if u aint got one you can just open up i tunes and use ure wireless mouse from quite a distance?

anyone got up to any tricks to baffle there mates? i hid the mouse under the bed sheets and was able to baffle my mate by pressing the wirless mouse at the same time as telling him i got voice activation music player on my powerbook, great wind up. :)

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

hm...i'm sure it's possible to use a BT headset or microphone to voice-command your PB with AppleScript. but cool idea.

3. billyboy macrumors 65816

billyboy

I have a gyroscopic wireless mouse and holding that in the air and clicking and opening stuff freaks most people out. (It is great as a remote when watching movies.) The funniest thing is when people try it out the first time. You literally only need to move your hand a few millimeters while keeping your arm perfectly still, but first timers are tying themselves up in knots and stretching and all sorts just to move the cursor a short distance.

Voice commands are part of System Preferences>Speech>Speech Recognition.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

Yep; you might need to use AppleScript to have iTunes react to voice commands, but it certainly can--no need to fake it.

Although that is a pretty cool setup, I must admit.

5. Fabrix2003 thread starter macrumors regular

the only problem is if you sing along to the lyrics it could be a bit of a problem, singing and ..next track hehehe