Wireless Mouse/Keyboard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cemorris, Oct 19, 2004.

1. cemorris macrumors regular

I am looking for a bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse. Did apple make wireless mice/keyboards that were NOT bluetooth? Or can I assume that all wireless mice/keyboards are bluetooth. I guess I need a brief history of apples wireless input devices.

Thanks

2. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

the bt keyboard/mice are the first wireless options from Apple themselves - but there have been a few third party peripherals that offered it via IR and RF. The BT models are pretty nice - I use the BT keyboard all the time on my home machine, and it keeps up quite nicely. The feel is just like the wired keyboard, with a quick action on the keys. The only few downsides to it is no built-in rise adjustment, and the need to keep a set of fresh batteries on hand every month or two. The mouse is good too, although I've pretty much stopped using it in favor of a multibutton model from Kensington that I like a little better - more options. The mouse tends to eat through batteries pretty quickly too, which is a downside. A good set of rechargeable AA's are worth their weight in gold with both models.

3. cemorris thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Great, thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully I can pick up a used set for a good price :)

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

definately get recharbables for the mouse if you dont turn if off in between uses, its much more practical because it can go through them rather quickly

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I have both KB and mouse for sale. KB is 3 months old and mouse brand new. Looking for $110 shipped.

6. ScottN macrumors newbie

I've been thinking of ordering the BT KB and mouse with the new iMac. Can someone tell me, though, if you still get the wired one sent through as well?

I'm not sure from reading Apple's web-site whether its packaged additionally or in place of the wired version.

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

You only get the BT version, not both.

8. atomiton macrumors regular

Does the BT keyboard have USB 1.1 connections?

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

nope, through BT it wouldnt do any good

10. atomiton macrumors regular

that's what i thought.

I think i'll get a wired kb... pity i can find a nice looking ergo one.

i want a bt mouse... but it's a toss up between just getting the wireless one from apple... or a macmice BT. scroll mouse.

I just don't know... seems a waste to get the BT kit with kb/mouse...