Wireless Mouse Noise

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by smada, Dec 16, 2003.

1. smada macrumors member

May 7, 2003
    I have a kensington studio mouse- wireless, and I love it. The scrollpad combined with three buttons and a beautiful design to compliment my mac make the perfect mouse for me. However, I've recently noticed a bit of a hiss from it when it's in use. I know that it uses radio waves to transmit it's little mouse signals back to the computer and I'm pretty sure thats what I'm hearing. The sound is definitely coming from the mouse.

Does anybody have any tips on how I can rearrange my desk or something so that I don't hear this hiss?
  2. thecow macrumors 6502

Nov 24, 2003
    Timonium MD
    I have the same mouse and it does the exact same thing. The niose comes from the mouse so i don't think that rearanging anything will help because you are holding it. Just live with it. It isn't that bad.
  3. alphaone macrumors 6502

Aug 12, 2003
    Hmmm...That's definitely odd. Maybe it has something to do with the batteries?

btw, I have a M$ Wireless Intelimouse explorer and I have no hiss. However, a set of Duracell Alkaline batteries I had in it did explode once.:eek: Very messy, not good. :p