Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markjewiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Dunmow, UK
Hello,

I've just gotten hold of an Intel Mac Mini secondhand from eBay, which came with a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse. Very happy, but my one problem is that I can't get the mouse to work at all. It's the old wireless mouse, not a mighty mouse.

I've changed the batteries, checked that they're in the right way, but I don't get a light on the bottom of the mouse when I turn it on, and my Mac can't see it at all when trying to pair in Bluetooth.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or have I just been given a duff mouse?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Regards,

Mark.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Hello,

I've just gotten hold of an Intel Mac Mini secondhand from eBay, which came with a wired keyboard and a wireless mouse. Very happy, but my one problem is that I can't get the mouse to work at all. It's the old wireless mouse, not a mighty mouse.

I've changed the batteries, checked that they're in the right way, but I don't get a light on the bottom of the mouse when I turn it on, and my Mac can't see it at all when trying to pair in Bluetooth.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or have I just been given a duff mouse?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Regards,

Mark.

Are you sliding the bar on the bottom of the mouse to expose the optical light?

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
If you have the batteries in right. my guess you got a dud since there is no green light on the mouse

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Broken BT mouse...

Hi there, did you get the Mouse fixed? Are you using it at all? If its not being put to use, could you send it to a better home? My mum dropped my BT mouse, (BT-wise it still works) but the battery case suffered a painful death.

Apple Genius at Regent Street said they dont do the cover on its own...

Thanks,

F

markjewiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Dunmow, UK
Hey FA,

Yes, I managed to get it going last weekend - a sharp slap to the mouse, and it's worked perfectly since. Sorry I can't help.

Mark.

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
BT Mouse

Well, if anyone has a BT mouse cover lying around, gimme a shout!

Cheers,

F

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.