Wireless networking

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i0Nic, Jul 26, 2006.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Just need some help regarding setting up a shared internet access network at my place, I don't know much about this stuff.

We have 2 macbooks and a PC. I'm planning on getting an Airport Express for upstairs (connected to the cable modem) and another one for downstairs which will be a range expander.

The PC is downstairs, can I get any old wireless-G network card and it will work fine with the airport express?

Cheers!

2. Queso macrumors G4

Yep. Airport is simply Apple's 802.11 product line. The Airport Express is 802.11g.

3. macdragonfl macrumors regular

macdragonfl

Download bonjour for windows on the pc, then you can print wireless using usb on airport express easily :)

4. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

In theory. In practice I have a PC upstairs with a wireless PCI card (I forget who made it, maybe Belkin) that for some unknown reason refuses to connect to my Airport Extreme network. I have a Belkin PCMCIA card in an old Dell laptop and that connects to my network without trouble and a newer Dell connected after I spend an afternoon tearing my hair out. You should be fine but based on my experience it isn't a 100% guarantee.