Wireless or Wired Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MattyBwrx, Mar 16, 2007.

1. MattyBwrx macrumors member

MattyBwrx

I do alot of photoshop/E-commerce I recently bought a macbook I was wondering what would work best a wired or wireless might mouse. :apple:

2. The General macrumors 601

To be honest, I find my wireless Mighty Mouse to be pretty laggy. I would definitely go with the wired if you're going to do some Photoshop.

3. MattyBwrx thread starter macrumors member

MattyBwrx

Plus I will probally hate the fact of getting new batteries for it each month. Also the price tag is a turn off at least the wired one is alittle cheaper. Anybody have any other opinions on this ? :D

4. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I like the Wireless one. You could always just invest in some rechargeable batteries if you didn't want to keep buying new ones every few months. But then again, if you don't think you'll be moving around much, and don't mind having wires around your desk and an extra USB port used up, get the wired because it's cheaper.

5. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

I've got the wireless mighty mouse, along with the bluetooth keyboard. I don't really notice any lag with the mouse. It seems to work just fine, although I've been using wireless mice since they first came out so perhaps I've gotten used to the "lag" if there is any. The keyboard works really well too, although sometimes if I'm typing quickly, the text will slow down for just a second but then it catches up without missing any keystrokes.

6. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

this happens to me on my laptops keyboard

7. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

I have used the wired and wireless mouse with photoshop and other simliar design programs, I don't find the wireless one to be a problem, i actually liked it a bit more since you can just pack that up and go. Do invest in some rechargeable batteries though, they can last a bit on the mouse but always good to have some handy.

8. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

I haven't seen any reason not to have a wireless, i love mine!

9. tngisaga macrumors member

my wireless mighty mouse is just fine. i haven't noticed any lag that others are having. as for the battery, i haven't replaced my batteries in months so it's nothing major to worry about. if you're still concerned with the batteries, you can invest in rechargeable ones as a someone stated earlier.

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i had to return a wireless mighty mouse because of lag, but i imagine that's a problem only a few people have. so i'd go for the wireless mighty mouse despite my previous encounter. it would make sense to get a wireless mighty mouse, having a laptop computer. you don't want to be tethered when you don't have to be.

11. Gamdoan macrumors newbie

Gamdoan

I use both the wireless keyboard and mighty mouse for my BlackBook when I am at my desk (it sits on a Griffin iCurve). Normal AA's last forever in the keyboard. However, normal AA's and rechargeable's don't last the longest in the wireless mighty mouse. I have found that Energizer's E2 Lithium batteries run the best. I get about 4.5 months out of them. So that is my 2 pennies.

12. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Neither. Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse (wired) for me. I can't abide the MightyRodent.