Wireless print server and HP Laserjet printer help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chosenwolf, Mar 13, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Hey Guys,

I want to set up my HP LaserJet 1200 in a seperate room with no computers. 2 Computers will be printing off it. I plan to use a Netgear wireless print server. Do most print servers come with a Parellel Port hookup because my printer has no ethernet in port.

Let me know the best and easiest way!

Thanks in advance..

2. superwoman macrumors regular

I did a similar thing, but with different equipment. My printer is a Laserjet 6L, which only has parallel port, and my print server is a D-Link DP-311P. It works.

You should make sure that the print server you intend to get supports parallel port. I notice that newer print servers tend to support only USB, which is not unreasonable since most newer printers only support USB. So you may have to look for older print servers.

3. sirrix macrumors newbie

DP311p Help with Max OS X

Hi, I saw that you have indicated that you have been using a LaserJet with your DP-311p. I'm more windows savvy than Mac-savvy, and I'm having some trouble getting the Mac to communicate w/ the printer.

I tried setting it up as an IP printer in the settings (we have the newest edition of OSX) and it is activating the printer but it seems that no data is actually being sent. The settings that you have to use when setting it up in windows are giving me no guidance.

Can you help me set this up? You can email me directly at sirrix AT gmail DOT com. Thanks!

-Brian