Wireless Printer Hub?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chopsuey158, May 8, 2006.

1. chopsuey158 macrumors member

Aug 24, 2004
    Our house printer is hooked up to my mom's computer, a pc (gasp, I know, no surprise she has problems, we don't). My dad and I on our macs need to use the printer. They are too cheap to buy a new one. I have had lots of hassle trying to set up a printing network through her PC. Is there a wireless hub I can buy to hook up directly to the printer and avoid going through her pc? It's an HP Officejet 6110xi All in One. If so, can anyone voich for one's reliability or at least point me in the right direction towards buying one?
    Thanks a ton!
  2. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2003
    There are many different wireless printservers on the market that will hook up to a usb printer and allow computers on your wireless network to print to the printer. Linksys makes a couple, an Airport Express has this functionality, and I'm sure that D-Link and Netgear also produce wireless printservers.

However, as far as I am aware there are no network printserver devices on the market that will support the non-printer functions (scan, copy, fax) of a multifunction device. The only way that I know of to have network access to all of the multifunction device functions is to buy a MFD that has a built in printserver. Such as the HP Officejet 7400.