Wireless Printer Network ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ncstmpr, Aug 6, 2006.

1. ncstmpr macrumors member

I am new MacBook user. We have a wireless network set up in our home with a Epson printer on the network that has a wireless network thingie on it. the way I get your Window pc's to print is my installing the printer drivers on each computer and then installing the Lyknsis software what came with the wireless thingie. Now is that the same thing I would to be able to print my the mac book. Sorry if this is a dumb question but mac is all new to me.

2. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

try adding a printer under system prefrences/print & fax... it will probably automatically discover the wireless printer for you. :)

3. ncstmpr thread starter macrumors member

4. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Give more details about the hardware - i.e. make and model numbers

5. ncstmpr thread starter macrumors member

I have a Linksys Router that makes all of the computers wireless in the house. I have a Epson R200 printer and connected to the printer is Linksys wireless print server. Everyone can print in house but the macbook. The way i set up the other pc's is by installing the epson print driver on each pc and then installing the linksys print server software on each pc. I have not yet installed those two things on the macbook yet because I wasn't sure if I should. I hope i explained that alright.

6. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

if the macbook isnt discovering the wireless printer, why not try installing the drivers and see what happens... you can always uninstall them...