Wireless printing problems (canon PIXMA)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by silo113, Sep 12, 2005.

1. silo113 macrumors newbie

I tried doing an archive search, but can't seem to find a good solution. I got a new wireless print server...Dell PC found it right away...Mac can't find it. I have read where others can't find the driver for their printers either...why not? Shouldn't there be a driver for a new printer? Is there one for the Canon PIXMA iP5000? Also, I try to set up under IP printing, but under "address" I can only type #'s. My printer address has "/Printer/My_Printer" on the end, which may be why is isn't recognizing. Any solutions? (other than sharing w/ the PC which I won't do) Thank you for saving me from wasting another few hours. :confused:

2. paperinacup macrumors 6502

Can you find out the IP address of that print server?

3. paperinacup macrumors 6502

4. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Driver Download

Open the above link and then click on Drivers / Software. A window will appear asking you to select the driver for your OS.

Select iP5000 v2.9.1 Printer Driver for Mac OS X

Read the Disclaimer then agree to it and on the following page you will presented with your file.

The file name is ip5000osx291us.dmg

5. silo113 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried all of above

Unfortunately, I tried the PIXMA driver from the canon website already (3x actually). It seems like the main problem comes from the fact that the actual address is "http://192.169.2.1:1631/printers/My_Printer", but you are only allowed to type in the 8 digit portion of it, otherwise it says invalid IP address. Thank you for trying though. Also, you can't add adriver on Mac unless the computer can already see the peripheral, correct? So if the Mac can't go to the correct address, then that is why adding the Canon website driver does nothing.

6. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

who's make and model is the wireless print server?