Wireless printing w/Basestation & Epson 2200

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by robotrenegade, Jun 1, 2004.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

I just got new printer (Epson 2200). I download all the drivers off the disk and off the epson website. Everything its running on is up-to-date. When I open Printer list then rendezous and I pick my printer that is listed I get the spinning will of death. That's about as far as i get.

2. Tomaz macrumors 6502

no solution from me!

I spent the whole last week trying to get my HP5850 to run wirelessly. It always worked when I unplugged the internet connection (ethernet/cablemodem) from the basestation. As soon as internet was connected, the printer was not recognized anymore. I gave up on Thursday evening, the printer is now connected to the USB port of the basestation and works fine.
    Sorry, can't help you, but it shows that you are not alone with a wireless printing problem ;)

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ok, so first I'm assuming that you are trying to run your 2200 through the USB port on your Airport Extreme Basestation. Did you check the compatibility link at the Apple website? I didn't see the 2200 listed, which means it isn't supported. The only thing I can add is that my Epson C84 isn't on that list and yet it works fine on my AEBS. I just can't use my printer utilities unless the printer is actually plugged into my TiBook's USB port.

I don't suppose there's an ethernet port on that printer is there?

4. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, its not listed. ****ty now i have to buy a 125.00 bluetooth thingy. Even if your Epson C84 was supported you still wouldn't be able to use the utility. Thanks for the help.